Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Keyboard Skills

As a piano player and instructor, I am surprised at how many (piano) keyboard skills Isaac is able to learn while practicing on the computer keyboard. We have been practicing numbers and letters on the computer about 5 weeks now. Besides the numbers and letters, we have learned the Backspace key, the Enter key, and just today, the Shift Key. It is the Shift Key that really struck me because you have to hold it down with one hand while pressing a letter. He was using both hands...now that I think about it, he was really enjoying the number "10" for that reason also.

I am having difficulty figuring out how to begin teaching Isaac the piano at this age, but the shift key just gave me the spark I needed to get started.


1 comment:

Karla and Edmond Long said...

You think you could teach Riley via webcam how to play the piano??? I was just thinking the other day that I really hope he will love music!!!