Saturday, October 3, 2009

I'll share with you, mama...

We're in the car headed to IHOP for dinner.
Isaac: "Mama, are you going to sit next to me and my pancakes?"
Mom: "Isaac, I'd love to sit next to you, but I don't really care about sitting next to your pancakes."
Isaac: "I'll share them with you, mama"
Mom: "You will?"
Isaac:"A bite"..........."A piece"............."A little piece".........."like this" [holds up his hand where is thumb and index finger are pinched to together as if holding a crumb]
"I'll share with you, mama".

***************

We're in the car and it begins to rain.
Isaac: "I'll sing the song.....Rain, rain, go away, come again another day"
[waits, looks to the sky, and listens...]
Isaac: "Did it work?"
[still raining]
Isaac: "Nope. I'll try again....Rain, rain, go away, come again another day"
[waits and it happens to stop raining]
Isaac: "IT WORKED, now we can go to the park".

No comments: