Thursday, November 5, 2009

Isaac spells his name!

This is exciting for a couple of reasons: 1) when asked to spell anything, he would always either repeat the question or say the sounds of the letters, here, he actually understands that the question to spell something requires the answer to be in letter format 2) he knows that everytime he spells his name, he gets a big cheer from me!!!

Another funny thing that happened:

Isaac has been enjoying going through his parents wallets for some time now. We, Isaac and I, came to the conclusion that he needed his own wallet. So, I told him to remind me next time we were in the store and we could look for his first wallet. We had this conversation weeks ago and yesterday we were in the store and he remembered to remind me. We found the young men's section and on the way to the wallets, Isaac declares he wants a BLUE wallet. OK. Well, all they have are leather bi folds and trifolds. We get down on our knees to see if there was anything else on the lower shelves and we find camo print with velcro. He was excited about the velcro, but not about the camo...we dig deaper and grab not seeing the last wallet in the bin, and you guessed it, it was blue!!! A blue, velcro, tri-fold wallet at the age of 2 years and 8.5 months.

Isaac was so excited that these are some of the things he said," I just can't believe it, my very own wallet"..."I'm so excited"..."Dad, I got my very own wallet, I can't belive it"!!!. It was really fun! I put 2 dollars in it and I've been starting the conversation about spending his money and saving his money. I even tried today to get him to earn some more money. We'll see how it goes. I have no expectations, but I know that money is always a strong motivator!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Oh, Josiah has a blue wallet with velcro too! It may renew his excitement about it to know Isaac has the same.
Levi came up to me the other day and was quite adamant that he wanted to play with Isaac.
We miss you!!
We love you and pray for blessings on your new home!