Thursday, September 10, 2009

conversations with my 2 year old

Isaac: Mom, my Leapster isn't working.
(mom comes over to help with the Leapster and it shuts off. I think it's been dropped too many times. Isaac takes the Diego game out.)
Isaac: Mom, get Dora, it will work.
Mom: okay, I'll get it.
Isaac: You will? That's wonderful!
********************
Mom: Isaac, will you please put the diaper in the trash can and bring me the remote?
Isaac: Yes, Of course.
********************
We go outside to get the mail and Isaac says:
"Mom, it such a nice day outside, isn't it?
Mom: yes, Isaac, it is beautiful!
Isaac: Do you think we could go to the park and play on the playground?
Mom: I think we could do that. That sounds like a good idea.
Isaac: yes, it is a good idea.....Mom, can I pee in the grass?
********************
Isaac: Mama, Duleeuet (Juliet) is so pretty. Isn't she?
Mom: Yes, she is beautiful Isaac.
********************

Not a conversation, but a homonym mistake: We were at Great Wolf on our vacation and Isaac loved the Arcade. After a while, he started calling it "My Cade". "Mama, can we go to "my cade"? I think he thought it was called "Our Cade", so he naturally he changed possession from plural to singular.

1 comment:

Beth said...

We are still laughing about him peeing in the grass. At least YOURS asks. :)