Monday, July 20, 2009

Just so I don't forget

Last Friday night, our church youth group had seperate sleep overs for the boys and girls. The boys were at our house and the girls were at the Chatman's house. Isaac stayed with Tim and Juliet came with me. It was a late night with lots of fun for each house. Juliet and I returned home around lunch time and we visited with some friends and then had a nap. Before Juliet woke up, Isaac and I were in the kitchen while Tim was outside. I was washing dishes and Isaac was playing with his trains.

He says out of the blue, "mama, I'm sure glad you're home".

I said..."what did you say?"

and yes, he said it again, "mama, I'm sure glad you're home". I couldn't believe my ears!

I said..."thank you, Isaac, I'm glad to be home"... and the day went along with my heart a little bigger!


Juliet is now is size 2 diapers, she hurts my shoulders when I sling her, and her schedule is starting show signs of predictability. Progress.

1 comment:

Karla and Edmond Long said...

How precious!!! He really loves you!! I can't wait to hear our little man say sweet things like that!!
By the way...we'd love to have visitors any time!! Not sure how long the drive is, but we are planning on making a trip up there sometime while we are here!