Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Final Days


These past couple of days have brought some sadness while anticipating the baby's arrival. Isaac has been super cudly and very attentive to me and I realized that we are in the final days of him being the only child. Gone will be the days where just the two of us decide what our schedule will hold. Gone will be the days (at least for a couple of years) that we stay in bed watching cartoons until 9am and have breakfast in bed.

Isaac has been an amazing first child. What a remarkable young boy he is! I am so proud of him even on his worst days. Sometimes, he walks towards me and I wonder if this child is really mine. Where has that smile come from? There is nothing quite like it, and I don't know of many things that can immediatly change my attitude like Isaac's smile.
I am thankful for the past two years and being Isaac's mom. I am amazed at the ability his life has had to bring out the best in me. There is nothing I take more seriously than being his mom. My prayer is that God would give me wisdom to teach and guide him, to love and nurture him, to protect his heart and to show him how to love others.


No comments: