Friday, October 10, 2008

How long will it last?

Okay...so Isaac and I were out and about one afternoon a week or so ago. When we got home at 3:19pm , we drove up into the driveway on one of the first beautiful Fall days so far this year. It just so happened that the trees were protecting the specific spot we parked our car and we had an umbrella of nature's shade. The windows were down and the rate of the breeze was so perfect, I would've paid for it...if I had any disposable income:) or if God took Mastercard:)

With these narcotic conditions, a sudden sleep fell over me. I literally could not get out of the car. I looked back at Isaac in his carseat wide awake and thought "maybe he would read a book while I just rest here a while". So, I gave it a try. I opened up his Look and Find book given to us by my friend Jenn from the KC, handed it to Isaac, and reclined my seat.

Sometime in the fog, I remember switching books, but the next time I looked at the clock, it was 4:09!! I could hardly believe it actually worked. It was a sweet nap and I once again fell in love with my little boy. I was so thankful for him and what a great addition to our family he is.

3 comments:

Jonathan P. Burke said...

I just want you and Tim to know that Issac (or AAAASSSSSAC) as Sydney calls him has a huge fan... Sydney asks me if we can go see him every time... she just loves that boy!!! we gotta set a play date.

Jonathan P. Burke said...

I just want you and Tim to know that Issac (or AAAASSSSSAC) as Sydney calls him has a huge fan... Sydney asks me if we can go see him every time... she just loves that boy!!! we gotta set a play date.

Jonathan P. Burke said...

Sure it's jpburke83@gmail.com... we gotta hook that PD (play date) up for the youngins... Britt said that she got to watch him the other day... I was kinda jealous, he is a blast... we gotta get him hooked up on the drums... maybe even tim too!!!