Wednesday, July 9, 2008

A Real Kiss

We have ritual kisses. Isaac, he is stingy on the kisses. I really only get one a day at nighttime when Tim tells him "Okay, Isaac, it's bedtime, give momma a kiss goodnight". Then, he just knows that the kiss will seal the day. I like the ritual kiss. I believe that it has real value.
But today, ah today, I got a REAL KISS from my son. Un-instigated, not requested, but a real reaction of his love for me.
You may think it was when I saved him from rolling down the driveway on his trike unable to stop on his own...or maybe when I finally got his shoes on so he could explore the outdoors: his favorite place to be. But no, it was none of those things. It happened after dinner when we were sharing a bowl of ice cream together. One spoonful for him, the next for me...back and forth. Then pop came the kiss. I love Isaac.

No comments: