Thursday, April 10, 2008

Why is it...

that whenever Isaac comes to sleep with Mama in the morning after Dada goes to work, Mama always ends up at the edge of the bed? It doesn't matter if I start in the middle of the bed, or at the opposite side of the bed, Isaac seems to find me...and I am at the edge. Dear Isaac, it is a KING-SIZED BED! I promise there is room for the two of us. It is okay if we don't breath each others exhales, we are close enough.

It reminds me of when Isaac was just a couple of weeks old. He would sleep next to me and would not be satisfied unless we were nose-to-nose. The child would be swaddled and not able to move his arms or legs independently, but he would somehow worm his way over to me so that when I opened my eyes, I would be started by his (then) big blue eyes. Oh, I decided that I love it!

The idea of getting the king bed before we had children was so that IF the child were to be sleeping with us at any point in time, we would each have our own, ample space. Despite my careful and purposeful planning, reality is proving to take me in a different direction. Hallelujah! I love you, Isaac, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments: